Thursday, February 6, 2014

Munchies with the Greek

I was hungry. It was the middle of the night and I just had to just to get the munchies. I wandered down to the kitchen and opened the fridge door. My eyes were assaulted by the bright light and I quickly shut my eyes. After I had adjusted, I began to rifle through the contents inside. At first, nothing was appeasing and I thought I would end up going to bed hungry again. I was about the shut the door, when something caught my eye.
In one of the drawers there was a cup of greek yogurt. I had never tried that specific dairy product. Sure, I have had the regular kind of yogurt before. Vanilla, raspberry and pineapple were my favorite flavors.
Eager to try the new food, I ripped off the lid throwing it in the trash. I was about to plunge my spoon into the yogurt when the sight of it stopped me in my tracks.
I thought it was moldy at first or something, it being so thick. The flavoring or whatever it was that was streaked throughout it. My appetite was becoming less and less by the second.
After checking the expiration date and knowing that in fact it was still good. I decided to go ahead and try it.
"Appearance isn't everything." I muttered to myself as I lifted the now yogurt covered spoon from the cup and brought it towards my mouth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment